Existing Relationship with Penn State
Barton Malow has a strong relationship with Penn State. Prior to the Medlar Field project, we completed the Beaver Stadium football expansion right across the street from the Medlar Field site. We are currently providing renovations to Beaver Stadium North.
The University shares this new facility with a Single “A” minor league team. Barton Malow provided construction management at-risk services for this $30 million, tri-level, 5,500-seat ballpark. It is the first baseball park in the U.S. to earn LEED Certification.
- Ticketing and retail pavilion
- Gated entry plaza
- Minor league offices
- General and picnic concession stations
- Grille area
- First-aid station
- Service and storage areas and mechanical rooms
- 18 suites
- Offices for Penn State baseball
- Media rooms
- Catering pantry
- Clubhouses for Penn State baseball, the minor league team and visiting team, as well as a shared clubhouse
- Batting tunnels
- Umpire locker rooms
- Multi-purpose room
- Corridor linking the clubhouses with the field adjacent to the home dugout. Bullpens are located along the right field line and past left field
The project includes 500 new paved parking spaces for patrons and 115 on the south side for staff, officials and players. It is oriented to the east, offering excellent views of Mount Nittany over the outfield wall.