April 21, 2014
Barton Malow receives prestigious Architectural Engineering Institute Professional Project Award
Reston, Va. – The American Society of Civil Engineer’s (ASCE) Architectural Engineering Institute (AEI) recently honored four organizations that work within the architectural engineering industry with professional project awards at the 2014 AEI National Student Conference March 29 at Drexel University in Philadelphia. Skidmore Owings and Merrill, LLP and Barton Malow Company won the top awards; and Southland Industries and SmithGroup JJR both won awards of merit.
The competition focuses on the design and construction of high performance buildings including structural, mechanical and electrical systems, as well as construction management and architectural engineering integration.
Barton Malow was awarded Best Overall Project for Penn State University South Halls, Renovation and New Construction, Phase 1
Other awards winners include:
- The Most Innovative Project – Pearl River Tower, Skidmore Owings and Merrill, LLP – Chicago
- Mechanical Award of Excellence – Pearl River Tower, Skidmore Owings and Merrill, LLP – Chicago
- Mechanical Award of Merit – Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Southland Industries
- Structural Award of Excellence – Tianjin Global Financial Center, Skidmore Owings and Merrill, LLP – San Francisco
- Architectural Engineering Integration Award of Excellence – Zhengzhou Greenland Plaza, Skidmore Owings and Merrill, LLP - Chicago
- Architectural Engineering Integration Award of Merit – Oakland University Human Health Building, SmithGroup JJR
- Construction Management Award of Excellence – Penn State University South Halls, Renovation and New Construction Phase 1, Barton Malow Company
“These award winners represent some of the nation’s most cutting-edge firms in the design and construction of high performance buildings,” said Bob Grottenthaler, senior vice president of Barton Malow Company and AEI board member. “I’m honored to have had the opportunity to oversee the jurors who selected these outstanding organizations to receive this year’s awards.”