The UAW Solidarity House is located at 8000 East Jefferson Avenue, Detroit Michigan, and is the headquarters for The International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America (UAW).
On July 13, 2019, a fire occurred at the UAW Solidarity House. Prior to the fire, the building included a Ground Floor and 6 additional Floors, comprising over 165,000 square feet of floor area. The original building’s initial phase was constructed circa 1950 with multiple subsequent additions and mechanical, electrical, and plumbing system renovations over the years.
The Project consists of:
Interior and exterior renovation, rehabilitation and modernization of UAW Solidarity House building, and additions. The project has been broken out into two separate design and bid scopes:
- Core and Shell including but not necessarily limited to the new building envelope and approximately 9,040 square feet of additions. Also included are the main HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Interior fit-out of the existing building and new additions. Also included are the secondary HVAC, plumbing, and electrical branch systems.
UAW Solidarity House Bid Opportunities
Bid Package 0.0
Bids Released: 7/24/2020
Bids Due: 8/17/2020
Bid Package 1
Windows & Doors
Anticipated Bids Released: 8/10/2020
Bids Due: 8/28/2020
Procurement: Understanding Process
- Search for Bidders – Project teams review internet databases, owner recommendations and community partner lists for vendors who match upcoming bid packages.
- You’re Invited – Vendors who are potentially a good fit for planned bid packages are invited to attend an outreach event as part of Barton Malow’s diversity initiative.
- Outreach Event – Vendors who attend the Outreach Event have the opportunity to meet the Barton Malow team, learn more about the project and connect with potential partners.
- Register + Pre-qualify – All vendors interested in bidding on the project must both Register and Pre-qualify. Vendors must register for each project they are interested in bidding. Vendors pre-qualify their business only once – this step is not required for every project.
- Register – Vendors submit a short profile of the business including the type of business enterprise.
- Pre-qualify – All registered vendors must submit their contact information to pre-qualify. Then, vendors will receive an invitation from Barton Malow via TradeTapp to complete the pre-qualification process. This process requires creating a vendor profile and submission of the following information:
- Audited/Reviewed Financials
- OSHA 300 forms and 300A logs (past 3 years)
- EMR letter (past 3 years)
- Contractor Meetings – Vendors are invited to collaborate with bidders and the project team. These meetings provide a focused opportunity for vendors to form Joint Ventures. Contractors may view the Registered Bidder Directory to identify second-tier subcontractors and vendors.
- Invitation to Bid – Registered and pre-qualified vendors will receive an invitation to bid on the project. This will be sent via email using the Barton Malow online bidding tool, BuildingConnected.
- Pre-bid Meeting – Invited bidders have the opportunity to attend a pre-bid meeting where they may ask further questions about the project, working with Barton Malow and the scope of work they have been invited to bid on.
- Bid Day – This is the day all bidders submit their bids for review. Bids must be submitted according to the process and procedures outlined in the materials received with the invitation to bid.
- Bid Evaluation – Bids received will be reviewed based on the project’s evaluation criteria. Bids are evaluated by the community engagement team, construction project team, the owner/client and a neutral compliance party (as applicable).
- Contract Awarded – Congratulations! If you have been awarded a contract the project team will work with you to obtain a vendor number in the Barton Malow system and initiate the work start process.
Contractors: Get Connected
Interested in getting connected to UAW Solidarity House bid opportunities? In order to do so, you must register for the project by first completing the Project Registration Form below. This form will get you added to our interested bidders list so that you can identify potential partners and learn more about the services and products they provide. You will also be added to our contact list, and will receive regular updates on the project, bid package release dates, and outreach event information. Be sure to check your Junk and Spam accounts regularly to make sure you don’t miss out!
Jobseekers: Get Connected
Interested in learning more about the apprenticeship programs and how to get connected to job opportunities on this project? Create an account below. Be sure to check your Junk and Spam accounts regularly to make sure you don’t miss out!
Don Male: Don.Male@bartonmalow.com