The project is a new two-story, 14,000 SF academic and research building for University of Maryland Center of Environmental Science, including offices, meeting rooms, and collaboration spaces. The building substructure includes soil stabilization with compacted aggregate piers. A structural concrete slab on grade will support the structural steel framing and concrete filled metal deck system. The skin consists of a variation of curtain wall, brick veneer, and metal panels. Interior finishes include metal stairs, drywall, interior glazing, acoustical ceiling tiles and wood slat ceiling system, resilient flooring, and vinyl flooring. The MEP systems include new HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, electrical, fire alarm, and complete low voltage systems for AV, security, and teledata. The project is designed under the US Green Building Council LEED for New Construction for a LEED Gold level rating. The warranty period shall be (2) years. DLLR wage rates will apply.
Bid Package 1 – Anticipated RFP – November 2022
- Cast-In-Place Concrete
- Mechanical & Plumbing
- Building Automation System (BAS)
- Compacted Aggregate Piers
- Site Utilities
Bid Package 2 – Anticipated RFP – February 2023
- Misc. Metals/Interior Steel
- Millwork/Architectural Woodwork
- Air Barrier
- Metal Wall Panels
- Roofing & Roof Accessories
- Spray Fireproofing
- Glass and Glazing
- CFMF/Interior Partitions/Ceilings
- Resilient Flooring
- Ceramic Tile
- Painting & Wall Coverings
- General Trades
- Interior & Exterior Signage
- Fire Protection
- Networking IT/Communications/Security
- Final Sitework
Procurement: Understanding Process
- Search for Bidders – Project teams review internet databases, owner recommendations and community partner lists for vendors who match upcoming bid packages.
- Outreach Event – Vendors who attend the Outreach Event have the opportunity to meet the Barton Malow team, learn more about the project and connect with potential partners.
- Register + Pre-qualify – All vendors interested in bidding on the project must both Register and Pre-qualify. Vendors must register for each project they are interested in bidding. Vendors pre-qualify their business only once – this step is not required for every project.
- Invitation to Bid – Registered and pre-qualified vendors will receive an invitation to bid on the project. This will be sent via email using the Barton Malow online bidding tool, BuildingConnected.
- Pre-bid Meeting – Invited bidders have the opportunity to attend a pre-bid meeting where they may ask further questions about the project, working with Barton Malow and the scope of work they have been invited to bid on.
- Bid Day – This is the day all bidders submit their bids for review. Bids must be submitted according to the process and procedures outlined in the materials received with the invitation to bid.
- Bid Evaluation – Bids received will be reviewed based on the project’s evaluation criteria. Bids are evaluated by the community engagement team, construction project team, the owner/client and a neutral compliance party (as applicable).
Contractors: Get Connected
Interested in getting connected to Maryland Center for Environmental Science bid opportunities? In order to do so, you must register for the project by first completing the Project Registration Form below. This form will get you added to our interested bidders list so that you can identify potential partners and learn more about the services and products they provide. You will also be added to our contact list, and will receive regular updates on the project, bid package release dates, and outreach event information. Be sure to check your Junk and Spam accounts regularly to make sure you don’t miss out!
Derek Counts: firstname.lastname@example.org