Liberal Arts Building – Phase III & IV Renovation
December 2020 – August 2022
Phased renovation to the entire (200,000 SF) historic Liberal Arts Building at Marygrove’s campus. Upgrades include adding A/C, fire suppression, floor plan rework, and all new finishes. This space will house grades 6-12 at the School at Marygrove.
Bid Documents Issued: 10/15/20
Pre-Bid Walk: 10/22/20 @ 10am
Bids Due: 11/05/20 at 2:00 pm EST
*All bidding will be administered via BuildingConnected.
Direct Link to BuildingConnected Project: Click Here
Scope of work includes but is not limited to:
– Selective Demolition
– Structural Steel
– Carpentry, Millwork, & DF&H
– General Trades
– Glass & Glazing
– Ceramic Tile
– Hardwood Resurfacing
– Fire Protection
– Mechanical (Plumbing & HVAC)
– Site Utilities and Paving
Early Childhood Education Center
October 2019 – December 2020
New construction building (29,000 SF) in the existing parking lot just East of the Liberal Arts building.
Liberal Arts Building – 10th Grade Renovation
May 2020 – August 2020
Renovation to the 2nd and 3rd floors of Liberal Arts building. Scope of work includes the renovation of existing space to include but not limited to: new fire-rated gyp partitions, doors/hardware, new lighting, upgrade of existing fire alarm system, construction of shaft walls, renovation/construction of new bathrooms, upgraded finishes, interior curtainwall, and new stair.
Immaculata Building Renovation
Renovation of the existing Immaculata building to serve a future DPSCD K-5 program.
Procurement: Understanding Process
- Search for Bidders – Project teams review internet databases, owner recommendations and community partner lists for vendors who match upcoming bid packages.
- You’re Invited – Vendors who are potentially a good fit for planned bid packages are invited to attend an outreach event as part of Barton Malow’s diversity initiative.
- Outreach Event – Vendors who attend the Outreach Event have the opportunity to meet the Barton Malow team, learn more about the project and connect with potential partners.
- Register + Pre-qualify – All vendors interested in bidding on the project must both Register and Pre-qualify. Vendors must register for each project they are interested in bidding. Vendors pre-qualify their business only once – this step is not required for every project.
- Register – Vendors submit a short profile of the business including the type of business enterprise.
- Pre-qualify – All registered vendors must submit their contact information to pre-qualify. Then, vendors will receive an invitation from Barton Malow via TradeTapp to complete the pre-qualification process. This process requires creating a vendor profile and submission of the following information:
- Audited/Reviewed Financials
- OSHA 300 forms and 300A logs (past 3 years)
- EMR letter (past 3 years)
- Contractor Meetings – Vendors are invited to collaborate with bidders and the project team. These meetings provide a focused opportunity for vendors to form Joint Ventures. Contractors may view the Registered Bidder Directory to identify second-tier subcontractors and vendors.
- Invitation to Bid – Registered and pre-qualified vendors will receive an invitation to bid on the project. This will be sent via email using the Barton Malow online bidding tool, BuildingConnected.
- Pre-bid Meeting – Invited bidders have the opportunity to attend a pre-bid meeting where they may ask further questions about the project, working with Barton Malow and the scope of work they have been invited to bid on.
- Bid Day – This is the day all bidders submit their bids for review. Bids must be submitted according to the process and procedures outlined in the materials received with the invitation to bid.
- Bid Evaluation – Bids received will be reviewed based on the project’s evaluation criteria. Bids are evaluated by the community engagement team, construction project team, the owner/client and a neutral compliance party (as applicable).
- Contract Awarded – Congratulations! If you have been awarded a contract the project team will work with you to obtain a vendor number in the Barton Malow system and initiate the work start process.
Contractors: Get Connected
Interested in getting connected to bid opportunities? In order to do so, you must register for the project by first completing the Project Registration Form below. This form will get you added to our interested bidders list so that you can identify potential partners and learn more about the services and products they provide. You will also be added to our contact list, and will receive regular updates on the project, bid package release dates, and outreach event information. Be sure to check your Junk and Spam accounts regularly to make sure you don’t miss out!
Jobseekers: Get Connected
Interested in learning more about the apprenticeship programs and how to get connected to job opportunities on this project? Create an account below. Be sure to check your Junk and Spam accounts regularly to make sure you don’t miss out!