For the 17th consecutive year, Barton Malow has honored team members with Awards of Excellence.
For the 17th consecutive year, Barton Malow has honored team members through its Awards of Excellence program, which is unique in that recipients are nominated by their peers. Winners were honored in four awards categories – Builder, Leader, Impact, and Craftsman – and presented with their honors at an internal Enterprise-wide team member event held on Wednesday, September 14.
Builder Award Winner: Brad Smith, General Superintendent
The Builder Award recognizes a team member who has jobsite responsibility and displays excellence in some (or all) of the following:
- Completes projects on time, within budget, with minimal issues
- Maintains satisfied customers
- Excellent builder acumen
- Maximizes profitability
- Supports diversity and has strengths in safety, teamwork, quality, planning, organization, and mentoring
Leader Award Winner: Kelly Sternberg, Director of Branding + Communications
The Leader Award honors Ben Maibach Jr.’s career from a laborer in 1938 to Chairman Emeritus of Barton Malow Company. It celebrates a team member who displays excellence in some (or all) of the following:
- Behaves with integrity
- Demonstrates compassion
- Community involvement
- Supports diversity
- Ability to inspire or motivate others
- Mentors and develops others
- Makes you want to be a better person
Impact Award Winner: Daniel Stone, Director of Business Transformation
The Impact Award recognizes a team member who displays excellence in some (or all) of the following:
- Made a significant, positive impact on the personal or professional life of a Barton Malow team member or individuals elsewhere.
- Significantly improved the workplace (a work activity, the work environment, client relationships, etc.) with positive energy, innovative thinking, and collaboration.
- Demonstrates a passion for strengthening our communities, protecting the environment, or has found other ways to make a meaningful social impact.
Craftsman Award Winner: Jim Huffman, Millwright General Foreman
The Craftsman Award recognizes a Journeyman, Foreman, or General Superintendent who demonstrates superior technical performance and displays excellence in some (or all) of the following areas:
- Delivers quality workmanship
- Follows safe work practices
- Demonstrates a passion for the trade
- Willingly shares knowledge and encourages the development of others
- Respected and trusted by the team
- Supports and mentors aspiring apprentices