College Recruiting Process
Barton Malow recruits the best students from the top universities across the country. Our construction services college recruiting program allows us to connect with students on campus through information sessions, student organizations, career fairs, and on-campus interviews. The schools we visit are chosen based on our established relationships on campus and the relevancy of the programs to our core business. While it is impossible to attend all campus events, we strive to meet students who are passionate about pursuing a career in the construction industry, who have strong academic backgrounds, and the potential of becoming future leaders in our company.
LEAPS Internship Program
Barton Malow Company’s LEAPS (LEArning Practicum for Students) summer internship program requires the best from each of its participants. In return, the program provides the best real-life construction experience the industry has to offer. Students learn about different building types and delivery methods while gaining on-the-job experience. Through intensive training, daily job functions and corporate networking events, LEArning Practicum for students internship participants are thoroughly prepared for entering the construction industry workforce upon completion of the program. Each year, between 25 and 30 students from universities around the country participate in our LEAPS internship program.
What does it take to get a construction industry college internship with Barton Malow? Here’s what we look for:
- Enrollment in a program relevant to the construction industry. Our interns typically come from Architectural, Civil Engineering, or Construction Management programs.
- Good Grades! We want students who are serious about their education and their career, and for that reason, we look for a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Interest in pursuing a career in the construction industry.
- Initiative. We want to see involvement in student organizations and leadership among peers.
- Willingness to Travel. We have internship opportunities available across the country. We’re looking for students who are willing to go where there are opportunities.
Through the LEAPS program, Barton Malow has a history of making our interns employable. Interns who perform well are invited back to the program each summer and continue to build their careers.
Professional Entry Level
Ultimately, converting interns into full-time team members is the goal! Many students intern with Barton Malow for two or three summers, and then accept a full-time position with us upon graduation.
If you have not participated in our LEAPS internship program, but have prior construction-related internship experience and a strong academic background with demonstrated leadership experience, we are interested in meeting you. Barton Malow’s Career Development Programs are the perfect tool to help you advance your career by building a foundation of construction knowledge and experience.
Are you ready to “Build Your Career” with Barton Malow? Contact us today!