The Pioneer–Barton Malow joint venture will lead construction on Acrisure Amphitheater, a 12,000-seat riverside outdoor concert and event venue in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Schematic designs are being finalized by Progressive AE, the executive architect on the project.
When amphitheater construction is complete, the venue expects to host more than 54 ticketed performances each season, in addition to community celebrations and events. It’s expected to host more than 300,000 visitors each season. Acrisure Amphitheater will be owned and operated by the Grand Rapids-Kent County Convention/Arena Authority.
Part of a planned 31-acre urban riverfront development, the largest of such in the nation, the project is expected to spur economic development, bringing more jobs, businesses, and development to the area.
The Pioneer-Barton Malow team plans to break ground in spring 2024 and the amphitheater expects to host its first event in spring 2026. Learn more about the project at the Grand Action 2.0 website.
Procurement: Understanding Process
- Search for Bidders – Project teams review internet databases, owner recommendations and community partner lists for vendors who match upcoming bid packages.
- Outreach Event – Vendors who attend the Outreach Event have the opportunity to meet the Barton Malow team, learn more about the project and connect with potential partners.
- Register + Pre-qualify – All vendors interested in bidding on the project must both Register and Pre-qualify. Vendors must register for each project they are interested in bidding. Vendors pre-qualify their business only once – this step is not required for every project.
- Invitation to Bid – Registered and pre-qualified vendors will receive an invitation to bid on the project. This will be sent via email using the Barton Malow online bidding tool, BuildingConnected.
- Pre-bid Meeting – Invited bidders have the opportunity to attend a pre-bid meeting where they may ask further questions about the project, working with Barton Malow and the scope of work they have been invited to bid on.
- Bid Day – This is the day all bidders submit their bids for review. Bids must be submitted according to the process and procedures outlined in the materials received with the invitation to bid.
- Bid Evaluation – Bids received will be reviewed based on the project’s evaluation criteria. Bids are evaluated by the community engagement team, construction project team, the owner/client and a neutral compliance party (as applicable).
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2023
3PM – 6PM
678 FRONT AVE NW, GRAND RAPIDS, MI 49504 2ND FLOOR SOUTH ENTRANCE SUITE 212
Contractors: Get Connected
Interested in getting connected to Acrisure Amphitheater bid opportunities? In order to do so, you must register for the project by first completing the Project Registration Form below. This form will get you added to our interested bidders list so that you can identify potential partners and learn more about the services and products they provide. You will also be added to our contact list, and will receive regular updates on the project, bid package release dates, and outreach event information. Be sure to check your Junk and Spam accounts regularly to make sure you don’t miss out!