The Michigan State University & Henry Ford Health Research Building #1
Project is a proposed 330,000 square foot, 7 story building located in New
Amsterdam neighborhood of Detroit, MI. This project is intended to advance
cancer research, neuroscience, immunology, and infectious disease. The facility
will include the following programs:
– Experimental Research Labs (Wet Bench)
– Administration Offices
– Core Labs
– Human Sample Collection (clinical trials research support)
Early Contractor Involvement Scopes
- Vertical Transportation
- Enclosure & Curtainwall
- Lab Casework
- Dry Side Mechanical
- Wet Side Mechanical
- Power & Lighting
- HVAC Controls
Upcoming Events: ECI Pre-Bid + Outreach
Procurement: Understanding Process
- Search for Bidders – Project teams review internet databases, owner recommendations and community partner lists for vendors who match upcoming bid packages.
- Outreach Event – Vendors who attend the Outreach Event have the opportunity to meet the Barton Malow team, learn more about the project and connect with potential partners.
- Register + Pre-qualify – All vendors interested in bidding on the project must both Register and Pre-qualify. Vendors must register for each project they are interested in bidding. Vendors pre-qualify their business only once – this step is not required for every project.
- Invitation to Bid – Registered and pre-qualified vendors will receive an invitation to bid on the project. This will be sent via email using the Barton Malow online bidding tool, BuildingConnected.
- Pre-bid Meeting – Invited bidders have the opportunity to attend a pre-bid meeting where they may ask further questions about the project, working with Barton Malow and the scope of work they have been invited to bid on.
- Bid Day – This is the day all bidders submit their bids for review. Bids must be submitted according to the process and procedures outlined in the materials received with the invitation to bid.
- Bid Evaluation – Bids received will be reviewed based on the project’s evaluation criteria. Bids are evaluated by the community engagement team, construction project team, the owner/client and a neutral compliance party (as applicable).
Contractors: Get Connected
Interested in getting connected to the Michigan State University & Henry Ford Health-Health Sciences Building bid opportunities? In order to do so, you must register for the project by first completing the Project Registration Form below. This form will get you added to our interested bidders list so that you can identify potential partners and learn more about the services and products they provide. You will also be added to our contact list, and will receive regular updates on the project, bid package release dates, and outreach event information. Be sure to check your Junk and Spam accounts regularly to make sure you don’t miss out!
To view a complete list of registered contractors: Click Here