Credit: Penn State Athletics
Penn State has named a tri-venture of leading national construction firms to serve as construction management (CM) for the recently announced renovations to the iconic Beaver Stadium. Barton Malow, AECOM Hunt, and Alexander Building Construction Co. will provide Penn State with an unrivaled team and is honored to lead construction on the project, which will include directing on-site renovation work and overseeing cost and schedule performance using industry-leading tools and technologies.
The CM team was strategically built to meet the pace and complexity of the project’s significant off-season stadium renovations, and has the extensive qualifications and resources required to drive successful completion of the project. The CM tri-venture has collaborated on many complex sports projects for collegiate and professional teams both locally and nationally, delivering over $2.3 billion in joint and over $43 billion in independent sports facilities work.
Procurement: Understanding Process
- Search for Bidders – Project teams review internet databases, owner recommendations and community partner lists for vendors who match upcoming bid packages.
- Outreach Event – Vendors who attend the Outreach Event have the opportunity to meet the Barton Malow team, learn more about the project and connect with potential partners.
- Register + Pre-qualify – All vendors interested in bidding on the project must both Register and Pre-qualify. Vendors must register for each project they are interested in bidding. Vendors pre-qualify their business only once – this step is not required for every project.
- Invitation to Bid – Registered and pre-qualified vendors will receive an invitation to bid on the project. This will be sent via email using the Barton Malow online bidding tool, BuildingConnected.
- Pre-bid Meeting – Invited bidders have the opportunity to attend a pre-bid meeting where they may ask further questions about the project, working with Barton Malow and the scope of work they have been invited to bid on.
- Bid Day – This is the day all bidders submit their bids for review. Bids must be submitted according to the process and procedures outlined in the materials received with the invitation to bid.
- Bid Evaluation – Bids received will be reviewed based on the project’s evaluation criteria. Bids are evaluated by the community engagement team, construction project team, the owner/client and a neutral compliance party (as applicable).
Contractors: Get Connected
Interested in getting connected to Penn State University Beaver Stadium bid opportunities? In order to do so, you must register for the project by first completing the Project Registration Form below. This form will get you added to our interested bidders list so that you can identify potential partners and learn more about the services and products they provide. You will also be added to our contact list, and will receive regular updates on the project, bid package release dates, and outreach event information. Be sure to check your Junk and Spam accounts regularly to make sure you don’t miss out!