In 2021, South Redford School District passed a multi-year bond for construction upgrades throughout the district’s facilities. Each school will receive mechanical upgrades as well as security system upgrades. Several buildings will receive gym or classroom additions and interior renovations to help modernize the learning experience.
Procurement: Understanding Process
- Search for Bidders – Project teams review internet databases, owner recommendations and community partner lists for vendors who match upcoming bid packages.
- Outreach Event – Vendors who attend the Outreach Event have the opportunity to meet the Barton Malow team, learn more about the project and connect with potential partners.
- Register + Pre-qualify – All vendors interested in bidding on the project must both Register and Pre-qualify. Vendors must register for each project they are interested in bidding. Vendors pre-qualify their business only once – this step is not required for every project.
- Invitation to Bid – Registered and pre-qualified vendors will receive an invitation to bid on the project. This will be sent via email using the Barton Malow online bidding tool, BuildingConnected.
- Pre-bid Meeting – Invited bidders have the opportunity to attend a pre-bid meeting where they may ask further questions about the project, working with Barton Malow and the scope of work they have been invited to bid on.
- Bid Day – This is the day all bidders submit their bids for review. Bids must be submitted according to the process and procedures outlined in the materials received with the invitation to bid.
- Bid Evaluation – Bids received will be reviewed based on the project’s evaluation criteria. Bids are evaluated by the community engagement team, construction project team, the owner/client and a neutral compliance party (as applicable).
BP 12A Pierce MS Renovations – South Redford School District will be seeking bids for science casework and selective demolition at Pierce MS located in Redford Township, MI. This project includes new casework for (6) science classrooms as well as selective demolition of existing mechanical equipment.
- Bids Due: 3/13 @ 11:00 AM
- Bid Categories
- Target Install Schedule
- Partial Mech Demo
- Summer 2024
- Balance of Mech Demo, Science Casework Install
- Summer 2025
- Partial Mech Demo
Contractors: Get Connected
Interested in getting connected to South Redford School District bid opportunities? In order to do so, you must register for the project by first completing the Project Registration Form below. This form will get you added to our interested bidders list so that you can identify potential partners and learn more about the services and products they provide. You will also be added to our contact list, and will receive regular updates on the project, bid package release dates, and outreach event information. Be sure to check your Junk and Spam accounts regularly to make sure you don’t miss out!