Southfield Public School District is procuring new mechanical equipment (Chiller, VUV’s, RTU’s) for an upcoming remodeling project in Southfield, MI.
Southfield Public School District will be seeking bids for outside bleacher removal and renovation, seeking initial demolition work. This work is schedule for mid- March Early April of 2024. Southfield Public School District will be seeking bids for bathrooms renovations and interior door replacements at three elementary Schools in Southfield, MI. This project includes replacement of all interior door hardware, door frame replacement, complete bathroom upgrade of plumbing fixtures, flooring, and partitions. Work will be scheduled to start Summer of 2024 and be completed by the end of Summer 2025.
Southfield Public School District will be seeking bids for a complete roof renovation for a 49,000SF elementary school. Work will be scheduled to start Summer of 2024 and be completed by the end of Summer 2024. Southfield Public School District will be seeking bids for the purchase and installation of new playground equipment for an upcoming project and on of the elementary schools. Work will be scheduled to start Summer of 2024 and be completed by the end of Summer 2024. Southfield Public School District will be seeking bids for Exterior Upgrades at three middle schools in Southfield, MI. This project includes Replacement of exterior doors and hardware & security, Exterior Window replacement and structural modification. Work will be scheduled to start Summer of 2024 and be completed by the end of Summer 2025.
Procurement: Understanding Process
- Search for Bidders – Project teams review internet databases, owner recommendations and community partner lists for vendors who match upcoming bid packages.
- Outreach Event – Vendors who attend the Outreach Event have the opportunity to meet the Barton Malow team, learn more about the project and connect with potential partners.
- Register + Pre-qualify – All vendors interested in bidding on the project must both Register and Pre-qualify. Vendors must register for each project they are interested in bidding. Vendors pre-qualify their business only once – this step is not required for every project.
- Invitation to Bid – Registered and pre-qualified vendors will receive an invitation to bid on the project. This will be sent via email using the Barton Malow online bidding tool, BuildingConnected.
- Pre-bid Meeting – Invited bidders have the opportunity to attend a pre-bid meeting where they may ask further questions about the project, working with Barton Malow and the scope of work they have been invited to bid on.
- Bid Day – This is the day all bidders submit their bids for review. Bids must be submitted according to the process and procedures outlined in the materials received with the invitation to bid.
- Bid Evaluation – Bids received will be reviewed based on the project’s evaluation criteria. Bids are evaluated by the community engagement team, construction project team, the owner/client and a neutral compliance party (as applicable).
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2023
9:30 AM – 10:30 AM
Virtual Vendor Fair (Click Project Registration + Events RSVP Form to Get Event Details)
Contractors: Get Connected
Interested in getting connected to Southfield Public School District bid opportunities? In order to do so, you must register for the project by first completing the Project Registration Form below. This form will get you added to our interested bidders list so that you can identify potential partners and learn more about the services and products they provide. You will also be added to our contact list, and will receive regular updates on the project, bid package release dates, and outreach event information. Be sure to check your Junk and Spam accounts regularly to make sure you don’t miss out!