To deliver the preeminent student-athlete experience in college athletics, Barton Malow’s Nashville sports construction team will transform Vanderbilt University’s athletics facilities and set the benchmark for collegiate athletic excellence.
The $385 million “Vandy United” plan, the most significant undertaking of its kind in school history, includes the following projects:
- New construction of a basketball practice facility
- New construction of an indoor football practice facility
- Renovation and addition to McGugin Center to improve existing Olympic sports space and to create a Sports Performance Facility
- New construction of a Football Operations Facility located in the South Endzone of the existing football stadium
- New construction of a tennis facility
Building the Vanderbilt Way
The north end zone of Vanderbilt Stadium will house the basketball operations building, including practice courts, locker rooms, offices, and a specific weight room for the men’s and women’s basketball programs. The south end zone will receive new seating and amenities, hospitality areas, and fresh food and beverage options.
The central home for athletics, McGugin Center, will also undergo a makeover with new training rooms, a sports medicine center, and a sports performance center. In addition to the McGugin Center, a football operations center and a brand-new indoor practice facility will be built alongside Natchez Trace next to the existing outdoor training facilities.
Additional focus areas include upgrades to the Currey Tennis Center, and the track and field complex.